I’ve experienced a LOT of strange behaviours with using
Android and I’m wondering why there are so many diffrences between the
WebView and the
Browserinstalled on each phone?
As an example, I’ve developed some applications that had to display
HTML content, which contained either
WebViews. Either they wouldn’t get displayed at all, just blank, either the videos won’t play and so on. And the strange thing is that they work properly if opened in the
WebSettings, I had set the
So I got to the conclusion that the
WebView component is completely different from the
Browser application installed on the phones. I’m thinking that every manufacturer makes their own
Browser to support as many as possible pages, and the
WebView remains the standard one, included in the
Am I right? Or there is another reasons/explanation for this?
EDIT: Everything that @ondoteam has suggested was enabled and set at the time being. I no longer have the references to that websites, which anyway were internal.
Here is Solutions:
We have many solutions to this problem, But we recommend you to use the first solution because it is tested & true solution that will 100% work for you.
This article outlines your speculation about stock browser differences between manufacturers, that absolutely is true: 5 reality checks every team needs before working on Android webkit
…which does cause trouble and mysterious/difficult to diagnose/solve problems.
As far as your issues with your
jquery-mobile may be an issue jquery-mobile loaded into an android WebView if you are using
jquery.mobile-1.0.1.min.js you may want to try the uncompressed
And Flash :-/ Good luck:
Screen blinking when using a webview with flash
For loading SWF:
Good luck with that, seems like a lot of variables with devices, Android versions, etc. And will take persistence with trial/error.
The stock browser and WebView differs .Using all the tweaks like
WebView browser; browser.clearFormData(); browser.clearHistory(); browser.clearCache(true); browser.getSettings().setAppCacheEnabled(true); browser.getSettings().setDatabaseEnabled(true); browser.getSettings().setDomStorageEnabled(true); browser.setWebChromeClient(new WebChromeClient());
still it does not load high resolution images properly which is being loaded perfectly well by the android browser.
Only part of the image can be visible on the webview screen which appears fully on normal android browser.
This behavior is observed with latest Android 4X SDK as well.
Which means android default browser significantly tweaks the webkit/webview code to show any url
WebView by default is restricted. You should call
setWebChromeClient and family to have a decent browsing experience. In addition, don’t forget
have you checked this question : jquery-mobile loaded into an android WebView
it might be that you’re using the wrong libraries. Just check in any case.
Note: Use and implement solution 1 because this method fully tested our system.
Thank you 🙂